A “push note” or “push notification” is a message that pops up on a mobile device.
They look like SMS text messages and mobile alerts, but they only reach users who have installed your app. Every mobile platform has support for push notifications.
Why do you want to activate push notifications? Because, it is a chance to write compelling notifications that are valuable to users and that drive action.
App publishers, (<– this is you..) can send these notifications instantly or at a scheduled time.
Your users can receive these push notes on their lock screen so they don’t even have to be in the app.
Push notes are pretty useful, as they provide convenience and value to your app users (staff, customers, clients, stakeholders..), for example:
- The latest company news updates, statistics and scores
- Utility messages like traffic and weather reports
- Flight check-in, changes and connection information
- Get a user to take an action, such as downloading a ticket or a coupon
- Let a user know about events and happenings
For app publishers, push notifications are a way to speak directly to a user.
They don’t get caught in spam filters, or forgotten in an inbox and click-through rates can be twice as high as email. They can also remind users to use your app, whether the app is open or not. They can also be used to drive actions such as:
- Promoting products or offers to increase sales
- Improving customer experience
- Converting unknown app users to known customers
- Sending transactional receipts right away
- Driving users to other marketing channels, such as social networks
Good news! tchop has already set it up for you.
Check out our FAQs:
Why has tchop already set up push notifications for me?
How do I send push notifications?